Saturday, May 21, 2016

"Let's buy her some land"

I always forget to write about when I am at “home” it’s like it’s a part of me that doesn’t exist. I haven’t given Ireland the fair shake of things because I have always had one foot out the door. Today at work I realized this when Jim-Bob said that he didn’t want me to leave, and Cilly-B said “I know right, lets buy her some land and she can build a house” at which point Jim-Bob said “I meant tonight”, and we all burst out in a fit of giggles. It had become clear who likes me more, just saying.

It needs to be said that I love my job. Shuffle-ufugus drives me insane, and I hate that I can’t even deal with it without bitching like some crazy ex-girlfriend. I try so hard but I just can’t. It’s just soooooooooooooo frustrating, but I will put up with him to keep this job. Loving my job also makes it hard to try and plan bounce out trips. I have this sense of loyalty. The housemate tells me this is silly and I give them way too much, and I know she is right but I literally cannot help myself. This is who I am the overly loyal employee that feels taken advantage of in the end. But I really do love this job. Not enough to stay though, maybe it’s time I give the city a chance. I’ve lived here for 6 months and I haven’t done anything here. I need to start being a tourist here. I focus on getting out, maybe it’s time I focus on staying in…


Ahh I’ll wait till flights to Europe get more expensive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment