Wednesday, October 17, 2018

My Little Lost Bear

I find myself completely over come with gratitude. After having spent the last day and half diligently trying not to think too much about Tompers being lost, and hoping for the best. I managed to locate him on the lost property page of the Dublin Airport. I nearly cried. Yet again the people of Ireland amaze me with their thoughtfulness and honesty. I was rather concerned that someone may have found him and thought he was too cute and took him home, but it turns out he was just being a silly little bear and was still at the gate I had departed. 




I think it needs to be shared that this is not the first time I have lost the little rascal. I like to pretend I’m a good mom but the little guy has escaped me more than a few times. 

I lost him once before in Ireland as a matter of fact, in Letterkenny, the little rascal slept in and hid in the bedsheets, I didn’t realize he was missing until I went to take a photo at a landmark. I immediately called the hotel and told them I left my little guy in the room and that I would be back to collect him the next day if they wouldn’t mind babysitting him. Kyle told me I should probably tell them it is a teddy bear not a small child. We had a good laugh when I picked him up the next day from the front desk.

He also jumped behind a bed in San Ignacio, Belize last year. I didn’t realize he was missing until we arrived at our next place. I was sick with worry until the guy working at the hostel got back to me and told me he was there, which was a very stressful 32 hours. When I arrived at the hotel he told me he had some bad news, and I nearly lost it! He then realized I did not find this funny and quickly told me Tompers was fine… Someone else had taken the bed and I had previously slept in would have to sleep in a different one. I had visions of him being eaten by one of the hostel dogs.

I have left him at home more times than I can count, and I’ve nearly forgotten him leaving places only to run back in to get him. 


The irony of the whole story is the bear himself is called a “Lost Little Bear” and he sits in a box with his hands over his eyes sad because his owner left him at a train station….  Well it turns out this lost little bear seems to always find his way home with a little bit of help from some humans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment