Friday, January 13, 2017

My Liberation from Ireland

I wandered around the gaff I had just spent the last year of my life in with a knot in my throat. That sick feeling you get right before you start crying. You know the one that gives you away when you try to speak. What a jerk like. My eyes were little pools yet amazingly enough had not overflown. To be so sad leaving was not something I expected after having spent the last year of my life down the darkest hole I had ever been in. I don’t know when the depression started. Maybe I caught it from the accident? But sure, that would mean I had it when I got there.  That would mean that the people whom have come to mean so much in my life never really got to meet me. They met shadow Mandie, someone I had created and projected up to ground level from my deep dark hole.

The funny thing is when you’re the one doing the leaving it’s not the same. There is a little bit of guilt that goes along with leaving. Just imagine cute little old Irish ladies and the amount of guilt they can throw around without any effort. Unreal like. I was half guilted back into returning before I had even left. I joked it was going to be my last day Tuesday, then I was leaving never to be heard from again. But as the days clicked closer to me leaving there was something that was becoming very apparent to me. I was going to have to return.


In all seriousness like, there really is no place like Ireland.

Image result for travel quotes

There is so much that has been left unsaid about my time in Ireland. Many laughs and stories I have not yet shared. Now just does not feel like the time to catch you up. Tompers is pushing to look forward and live in the now. One day the stories will come to light, like the one about the night Cilly-B & I played rock, paper, scissors for yer man with the sexy voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment