Monday, January 23, 2017

Yer Man From Cork

I cannot say enough good things about the free walking tour of Madrid. I joked while we lazed about on a king size bed in a rather posh hotel room nearly 24 hours later. My walking tour got interesting the second we stopped at The Hat and picked up yer man from Cork... When the words I'm from Ireland came out of his mouth, I just had to go over and introduce myself. I needed my fix, I'd have never guessed he was from Cork though, his accent was so clean. On the off hand chance he was into futbol I mentioned wanting to check out the Real Madrid match. After the tour we had booked tickets and made our way up to the stadium. There may not have been much stadium behind us but I could not think of a better way to spend the money given to me by those lovely church ladies than with an Irish lad at a futbol match. Shameless cheering for both teams we had a blast, Real Madrid winning 2-1. After the match we ate and drank our way through multiple bars finally finding ourselves at San Ginés for chocolat con churro at half two in the morning. This was when the decision to throw money at the problem arose. He will forever be credited with the quote "you can always make more money, you can't make more time". His decision to stay on for the weekend and my decision to do a walking tour on my first day in Madrid resulted in a 32 hour whirlwind affair.

Madrid you have out done yourself.




No comments:

Post a Comment